Since the advent of computers, we've had all sorts of promises made to us:
- Our costs of doing business would decrease significantly, and our revenues would increase
- We would no longer have to do tedious, repetitive, low-value tasks, leaving more time for the high-value work
- It would help us scale our business so that we would be ready for the glorious future
- We would have much more time to work ON our business rather than IN it
- We would have much more time for our spouse and kids or significant other
- Why do you feel like you spend too much of your business' money on IT? It feels like your costs have gone up, not down
- Your revenue hasn't grown as expected, yet you have more access to customers than ever
- Why do you now know more about IT than you ever wanted to; it's not your core business?
- Why do you feel like it's "death by a thousand cuts"? Every day you seem to be paying another IT vendor
- Do you feel like your business could be running way more efficiently?
How can I fix it?